Monday, November 22, 2010

Five Alls

Want to eat off metal plates (metal goblets and bowls too)?
You need to frequent Five Alls in Salt Lake City. It holds a special place in my heart, because it is the scene of my engagement five and a half years ago. But, beyond the sentiment it really is the most amazing food and atmosphere. Five courses in an Old English style (but the taste is far better than English food traditionally is). You pick a main dish and then included in the price are a selection of appetizers, fresh bread and butter, soup or fresh fruit, salad, the main dish with a choice of sides, and dessert. And I guess technically a drink is included as well, but I can't justify the space in my stomach with a drink when the food is so divine! My favorites from my last visit: cauliflower soup and raspberry sorbet. I'm salivating just typing the words.

2 comments:

Coila said...

That sounds so nice! We had a fireplace at our last place with a coat of arms that looked a LOT like the one in this picture.

Krishele said...

I went there once a long time ago when I was still in high school. Weird to think about. It was really cool. My family went all dressed up formal before we went to see Phantom of the Opera. I remember that I got something Oscar and it had real crab on top. I hate crab (well, the imitation stuff...which is all I had ever had). I loved that crab. I think I was converted.