Friday, September 17, 2010

some is enough.

For lunch today I made Mac-n-cheese (from the box, of course). I didn't remember I had used the last of the milk until I needed it. I made do with extra butter. It tasted good, trust me. Anyway, this is one of the things that reminds me that I'm not such a good homemaker. I'm okay with it. I make jam with homegrown raspberries. I make salsa and tacos my husband dreams about. I perfected pizza years ago. I get up half a dozen times a night to cuddle Thing 2. I make Thing 1 laugh and let him get really dirty. I scratch my husband's head and tell him he's a good man. I don't do much of the other stuff well (read: cleaning) but I do some things great. It's enough. To read a highly entertaining blog entry about this stuff go here:


P.S. Read the comments because those are great. I especially like the tip to leave your vacuum out in plain sight so visitors will think you've been cleaning.

3 comments:

breanna said...

I think I fall into that category as well...although I can't cook any of those thing you mentioned :) do clips and headbands count for anything??

Rachel said...

Great article--thanks for sharing!

Krishele said...

That's a great post. You are so right. So many times we try to do EVERYTHING and end up feeling bad because we can't. Some is definitely enough.